Friday, June 27, 2008

Why am I a child in SL?

In the kids celebration of SL 5B, they come whit the idea of showing to everybody the reasons why we become kids in SL. Tis is what I submit:

--------------------------------------

When I first come to SL, I found myself in a virtual world that promises adventures and magic powers; like the ability to fly, the platform to create everything I can imagine, the possibility to edit all aspects of my appearance, and the TP thing, just to mention a few. So I realize that I am in a world of fantasy, adventures and a lot of stuff to do and to learn.

One of the things to do in SL is to edit the appearance as you like it, so I was playing/learning with that tool and found out that I can make the size of the body more shorter. So the first idea that came to my mind when I learned that was that I can have a shorter AV. I can have a kid AV. In that moment, (not only trying to define who I am but what is the best option to be in SL), I came with the idea that if this is a world made of fantasy, magic and imagination then there is nothing better to be, in order to enjoy this world, than a kid. I was 100% right.

I had play with a lot of different shapes, including: furriers, adults, vampire, furniture, tinnies, a refrigerator, animals and even an Invisible AV. And all of them are cool and fun, if you play them like a kid would play them. But if you are too serious, too “adult”, then you will not enjoy them nor find the fun in SL, no matter what AV you are using. And that is why I always come back to the kid AV, to remember to have fun, to make jokes, to learn stuff, to be open mind, and to be surprise with all the new things I see in SL.

Now I want to turn back the question, if you don't have a kid AV tell me why.

Thanks for reading,

David.

--------------------------------------
And relate to being a kid, and Kids5B, there is also a machine that you put an adult on it and he/she comes out as a kid. That is very cool. I have whitness lot of transformations.

So I figure out that the next year I will see lot of transformations stories whit this machie. Something like:

"I was wonder around the exibition place, so I saw this big magic hat, I went to inpect it and a group of while kids push me inside. When I went out, I was ready a kid."

Lol, that is what we are going to read for Kids6B, how I know? well becouse me and some friends are pushing adults into the machine :P

Here is the Transmogrfiel, inside the magic hat, I'm standing at the door, and My Bro, at a side. We are saiting for our next victim.

This is a close pic of me, the machine makes lot of smoke when it is working, so I am a little dirty. I was coffing too, so Trodden ofers to drop on me a big soap bar, while my Bro was more consern about the coff, so He was looking for a Doc.

In this one you can see the machine working, I have to say that the adult I push into the machine is my father Randy. Now you know: "Wild kids have no mercy" :P my own father, wow!

Here I am whit my dad, after his transformation. I know he looks very cute as a kid, but He is a cute adult too. At this moment there are thousands of worries and thougs in me. What happen if He decides to stay as a kid? would I lose a father? would I win a brother?, would I sue Jeremy Ondricek for creating this evil machine?
Any way, I have made one of those "before - after" comparations so you can see for your self the changes on my dad Randy:

No comments: